Alloy 825 (N08825) is a titanium-stabilised nickel-chromium-iron-molybdenum-copper alloy designed for use in extremely corrosive environments. It has a very high resistance to oxidation and outstanding resistance to stress corrosion cracking in chloride conditions.
Alloy 825 (N08825) is resistant to pitting corrosion in sulphuric and phosphoric acids and resists attack in strongly oxidising media such as nitrates, nitric acid and oxidising salts. It also resists most organic acids and alkali solutions. The alloy is reasonably ductile and can be worked in a similar way to austenitic stainless steels.
Related Specifications of Alloy 825
- WFe32C20DU (FR)
- NiCr21Mo (DE)
Nominal Composition of Alloy 825
Ni 38.0%~46%, Fe 22.0%min, Cr 19.5%~23.5%, Mo 2.5%~3.5%, Cu 1.5%~3%
Mechanical Properties of Alloy 825
|Ultimate Tensile Strength (N/mm²)
||Proof Stress (N/mm²)
Incoloy 825 has a stable face-centered-cubic structure
Good resistance to stress-corrosion cracking
Satisfactory resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion
Good resistance to oxidizing and non-oxidizing hot acids
Good mechanical properties at both room and elevated temperature, up to approximately 550C
Approval for pressure vessels with wall temperatures up to 450C
Alloy 825 is a versatile general engineering alloy with resistance to corrosion in acids and alkalis such as sodium or
element dissolvers where o variety of corrosive media, e.g. Sulphuric and nitric acids and sodium hydroxide, are
handled in the same equipment.
Alloy 825 is used in a wide variety of applications up to a temperature of approximately sso-c.The typical applications
1. Components such as heating coils, tanks, crates, baskets and chains in sulphuric acid picking plants;
2. Sea-water-cooled heat exchangers, offshore product piping systems: tubes and components in sour gas service
3. Heat exchangers, evaporators, scrubbers, dip pipes etc In phosphoric acid production:
4. Air-cooled heat exchangers in petroleum refineries
5. Food processing
6. Chemical plar
7. Combustion-resistant alloy for high pressure O2 applications.